Lucky me, I have German ancestors on both my maternal and paternal lines! I am currently researching the names SICK and SELL in Schleswig-Holstein, SCHNEIDER in Hessen and KUNDERS (Conard) in North Rhineland - Westphalia. I enjoy doing German research and trying to remember some of the high school German language that I took oh so long ago.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

From 1929 Wedding Dress to 1971 Animal Print Jumpsuit





Grandma Dorothy (Dorothy May Sndyer) was married on July 14, 1929 to Maurice "Pat" Lane.  When I came across this photo last night, it made me smile.  Grandma was just getting ready to start married life, and it was fun to think about her being a new bride.  

I also smiled because I realized just how much my niece Jeni  looks like Grandma Dorothy.  Now I have been inspecting all of the all photos to see if I can see my son in any of the ancestors!

While she had heart problems at the end of her life, most of my memories are of Grandma being active and independent - that's why I included a picture of her in my brother's go-cart.  The go-cart picture also shows a major fashion change!  Imagine that - an animal print jumpsuit, with ankle length nylons.  Awesome!

4 comments:

  1. I love the go-cart photo! Now that is a hip grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather. I even have one of her with in her 60's with knee high black boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy-
    I really enjoy reading your blog and I am sure you have received a lot of nominations, but I am nominating you for the "One Lovely Blog" award. Check out my post here: http://leavesfortrees.blogspot.com/2011/03/awards-for-blushing-blogger.html
    Take care!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather -
    Thank you for the nomination! I'm glad you are enjoying reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete