Lucky me, I have German ancestors on both my maternal and paternal lines! I am currently researching the names SICK and SELL in Schleswig-Holstein, SCHNEIDER in Hessen and KUNDERS (Conard) in North Rhineland - Westphalia. I enjoy doing German research and trying to remember some of the high school German language that I took oh so long ago.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

JAMBOREE!!!! Yee haw

Can't believe that I am finally here!  And that I finally managed to get onto the internet at the Marriott.  (I'm still not sure how I did it!)

I've left the boys at home, but I have left Riko (our cat) in charge.  Hopefully the husband and son will mind the cat.

Tomorrow starts with a tour of the Southern California Genealogical Society library.  I'm so excited.  Apparently they have a great German and Cornish collection, and I can't wait to get a look at it.

I am going to try and blog everyday, alternating between this blog and the MySavages blog.

Think I've died and gone to genealogy heaven!  

No comments:

Post a Comment